Derby Mercury Go-Ride coaches are proud and excited to announce we are welcoming new young riders of all abilities between the age of 7 and 16 years, to join our Go-Ride affiliated club sessions and enjoy a free taster on 23rd June 2021. Ability outweighs age – we have successfully coached youngsters of all ages – so if your child has the ability and confidence, we have a coach to suit. Feel free to chat with us. Go-Ride is British Cycling’s development programme for young people. The programme provides a fun and safe way to introduce young riders to the world of cycle sport and provides a platform to improve bike handling skills.
Riders must wear a helmet and appropriate clothing and be able to ride their own bike unaided. Coaching commences at 6:30 pm at Moorways, Moor Lane, Derby, DE24 9HY. Our sessions run on Wednesday evenings at Moorways and then every first Wednesday of the month at Darley Moor race circuit, near Ashbourne. Parents/carers must ensure their child/young person is handed to and collected from their group’s coach. Bring a drink and bags of enthusiasm with you.
As we operate our coached sessions within the Covid-19 rules and guidelines, please bear with us and make sure you arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the start – but remember everyone must:
- Do Not attend if you, or anyone in your household have symptoms, been told to isolate or have tested positive for Covid-19.
- Remain socially distanced, before, during and after the session.
- Do Not share drinks, food, tools, bikes, equipment.
- Familiarise yourself with British Cycling’s ‘the Way Forward’ document.
- Practice good respiratory hygiene (no spitting, and if you need to cough or sneeze you try to do so into the crook of your elbow).
- Maintain good handwashing/sanitising.
- Familiarise yourself with and follow the rules of whichever venue we attend.
- Follow NHS Test and Trace guidance and inform our Covid Officer, Helen Hutchinson, if you develop Covid-19 symptoms or test positive within two days of taking part
- Be as self sufficient as you can, complete bike checks prior to attending, parental assistance is acceptable within Covid guidelines.
- Contact the club representative on site to sign all children in AND out from each and every session attended.
Consent forms can be downloaded from https://docs.google.com/…/1OfMgK0fs0kSJDwziYTnn…/edit… printed and brought along on the night.
For more info email: [email protected]
Looking forward to seeing you there!