Guidance for how the Go-Ride Indoor Sessions are grouped
To effectively and safely access the Open Sessions, we (the coaches) would expect to see riders:
- Independently set up and take down a station including rollers, set up rollers length, set up their kit, bike, clothing and sustenance: pre, during and post the session.(Ask a coach for help if necessary).
- Start independently – (chairs allowed).
- Be able to stop safely and leave the station in a safe condition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and a capability to ride at different cadences (speed of pedalling) and levels of effort (power output – from twinkle toes to race pace and above efforts).
- Demonstrate a growing confidence on the equipment through a relaxed style and an ability to ride for an extended period at a low intensity.
- Switch freely between all hand positions on the bars.
- Be able to ride for an extended duration with one hand off the bars
- Drink whilst rollering.
- Respond to coach direction, communicate and be willing to “have a go” – it’s not a bad thing to fail.
- Undertake standard basic warm up and warm down sessions independently being aware of times and efforts appropriate to age and activity.
Riders will develop the skills & knowledge through participation in the 18.30-19.15 session (and can practice at home).
Any question or activities to develop your skills and understanding just ask any of the DMRC coaches.
Members / Non-members
DMRC Membership is not required for your First session.
DMRC Membership is required for your Second session onwards.
One-off visitors can be accommodated by agreement with a club coach in advance, due to space limitations.