Sunday, February 17, 2019

Forum suggestion – separate route section

Derby Mercury Forums General Chat Forum suggestion – separate route section

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nicola Main 6 days, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

George Amor-Hughes
    Participant

Please can I put forward a request/suggestion for the forum?? As there seems to be no organised inclusive rides being planned at the moment; please could we have a separate section on the forum solely for routes – this would be ae a one stop place for people to share routes and suggest the suitability for riders eg experienced / novice / safe for families etc., nice cafe half way round / shorter option if necessary etc.. I’m sure you get the gist! Such a huge club it seems a shame that we are not sharing these resources, especially from a selfish point of view, when as an ‘only in the cycling fold due to children cycling group of parents!’ routes is my biggest fear to tackle! I can understand people not wanting to take up the responsibility of organising a ride, but I can’t believe that they wouldn’t be willing to share routes for others to try out?! Thanks for reading

Nicola Main
    Participant

Croots Farm Shop – Farnah House Farm, Wirksworth Rd, Duffield, Belper DE56 4AQ. Access via Morley and down to Little Eaton and across to Duffield. Could always head back into Derby and home?

Hackwood Farm – Radbourne Ln, Derby, Ashbourne DE6 4LZ. Accessed through Central derby but could head back via Little Eaton?

Hollybeck Garden Centre Oxton Rd, Southwell NG25 0RW – lovely café but need to travel through central notts to reach it in reasonable time which is not ideal.

Hope these help. Andy Raymor is also organising outings in the half -term hols.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.